Connecticut Native, Norman Nadeau and his wife Cara, recently visited Iceland. Some of the main points include;
- Startling evidence global warming and retreating ice triggering increased volcanic eruptions.
- Self sufficiency and growing food using renewable energy.
- Icelandic DNA and population mapping.
- How Iceland recovered from the economic crash and transformed into the only country using 100% renewable energy.
- Icelandic conservation and finding a balance between commerce and sustainability.
Norman Nadeau is the founder of Project Feeds. When not making a living as a financial planner, he is actively promoting and studying sustainability or managing his farm (which runs on solar and wind) in Willington, CT.
Editorial Note: The following has been added for context and clarity..
- In 1918 Katla erupted and is over due.
- In 2000, Hekla, a Strato Volcano, erupted and also is overdue.
- In 2010, a fissure opened in the Glacier known as Eyjafallajokull and is ready to erupt any moment.